Delivering unforgettable experiences through technology
When you need a hand, we're there to help!
Theme Park AV provides technical support and engineering services for audio, video, and show control systems in the themed entertainment industry. Our expertise includes design, project management, installation, operations training, troubleshooting, and repair of audio-visual entertainment systems. From theme parks to museums, waterparks, resorts, and cruise ships, we have years of experience and in-depth knowledge of what it takes to bring an attraction to life. Whether you need to repair an existing system or are working on a new project, we welcome the opportunity to work with you to create a captivating and spectacular experience for your guests.
Who we serve
How we do it
We start by talking with you to learn and understand the task and the type of assistance you need. Once we have identified the goals, we gather information about the system, create a risk assessment, and generate a defined approach plan before starting any work.
Once we begin work, we take a thorough approach which includes documenting and backing up any system files and configurations that will be worked on. This allows us to restore the system to the last state if ever required. After that, we begin a systematic step-by-step troubleshooting of the system. Once the issue is identified, a remedy plan is generated and implemented after approval.
Depending on the type of issue you are experiencing, we can troubleshoot the problem remotely or by going on-site to diagnose and provide a solution. Sometimes, a combination of both on-site and remote work may be necessary. In situations where the issue is intermittent, the remote solution is a great cost-effective option that does not require us to be on-site physically. However, we can still monitor the system for you 24/7 to identify and solve the issue. If you’re looking for a hands-off, turnkey solution, on-site support is the best approach! Just bring us on-site, point us to the problem, and we will take care of the rest.
When remote support is requested, we will send a plug-and-play system that allows us to access, monitor, and control your A/V system from anywhere in the world. All we need is an internet connection. The ShowAccess includes all the necessary hardware and software to interact with your A/V system. Once the system is online, the on-site tech will be the hands, while the ShowAcces system becomes the eyes and ears.
Focus on what matters, leave the rest to us.
If you are looking for a hands-off solution, or if the situation does not permit for a remote system, we will travel to your location with all the necessary tools to work on the issue. Once on-site, all we need is access to the facility, and we will take care of the rest. Whether you require troubleshooting or programming, we act as an additional resource for you while on-site. We focus on the system challenges so you can focus on what matters.
Audio System Support
- DSP programming and sound system optimization
- Signal distribution & audio infrastructure (analogue, digital, point-to-point, and fiber)
- Conventional and line-array speakers
- Intercom & paging (wired and wireless)
- Audio playback hardware
- OBA (onboard vehicle) audio playback, amplification and on-board off-board control and synchronization
Video System Support
- Projector alignment and calibration
- Image/Video processors setup and configuration
- Video monitors
- Signal Extenders (analog, Fiber, and IP based)
- Video playback servers
Show Control Support
- Hardware and software configuration
- New show, refurbishment, or overlay programming assistance
- System integration with audio and video hardware systems, TCP, UDP, modbus TCP systems and PLC protocols
- Synchronous and asynchronous show control
- Integration with special effects systems (scent machines, fans, water effects, etc.)
- Show system LAN, SAN, WAN integration
- Routing and networking
- Indoor and outdoor wireless networking
- Linux WebServers
- Python, Bash, Lua scripting and automation (when relevant to av systems)
Staff and Operators On-Site Training
- Hands-on on-site staff training and education on best practices of operation and maintenance of the facility’s A/V system
- First response troubleshooting techniques
ParkVault™ Attraction Repository
- Repository and backup of all facility show files: hardware configurations, software and firmware files, media files, system diagrams, red-line drawings, as-built, etc.
- Secure offsite encrypted storage on our own virtual private servers
- 24/7 availablility with user access control
Send us a message!
+1 (407) 550-0201